top of page



- A deposit is required when you collect the rental vehicle.

- Your name and address must match your driving license (or within 2 weeks from moving house).

- On collection you need to bring the below 3 ID docmunets with you.

- 100 free driving miles per day hire.


- 50 free driving miles per half day hire.

- Mileage over the free allowance is 12p per mile.

On collection we need one document from each box below.

All documentation must be recent (3 Months).

Valid UK
Driving Licence

- Council Tax
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Water Rate

National Insurance Number

Valid Passport or Signed Bank Card

Established in 1978, Avor Van Hire has been dedicated to hiring and leasing Cars and Vans, at an affordable rate.




Changing the Tire
Car Mechanic
White Minibuses

Car & Van Hire



  • Why do I have to leave a deposit on a card?
    A security deposit to cover the insurance excess is required for any potential damage or fines.
  • Do I need my own insurance?
    No. All our hire vehicles come with insurance.
  • What do I need to bring when renting a vehicle?
    We need a hard copy of your drivers licence, proof of address which would be a utility bill or bank statement (gas, electric, council tax, water rates) and either a valid passport or signed bank card. Photocopies of your license are unacceptable.
  • Is there a minimum age to be able to hire a vehicle?
    The minimum to hire a Transit 290 is 21 years of age. Hirer must have held a valid driving licence for minimum of 2 years with no convictions. The minimum to hire a Car, Transit 310, 350, Luton or Tipper is 25 years of age. If you are under the age of 25 there is an additional £15 fee per hire or £25 per week.
  • Is there a maximum age to be able to hire a vehicle?
    The maximum age limit for a Combo or Transit 290 is 75 years of age. The maximum age limit for a Car, Transit 310, 350, Luton or Tipper is 70 years of age.
  • Do we charge for mileage?
    Each day's hire you get 100 free driving miles, with every half day you get 50 free driving miles. Each mile over the allowance is 12p per mile (including VAT).
  • How do I generate a 'DVLA Unique Code'?
    You can visit and follow the instructions to generate a unique code.
  • What happens if I have a breakdown?
    We have 24/7 breakdown recovery with the RAC who you can call on 0333 202 3000 who will come out and roadside assist you.
  • Fuel Policy
    It is the hirer/drivers responsibility to ensure the vehicle is returned with the same amount of fuel it left with. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel than it went out on we will charge you the amount of fuel from your deposit to refuel the vehicle.
  • Do any of our vehicles have tow bars?
    No unfortunately we do not offer any of our vehicles with tow bars.
  • Can I return a vehicle outside of office hours?
    Yes. Office hours are 8:30am till 5pm Mon to Fri and 8:30am till 1pm Sat. Closed Sunday. Bedlington: We have a drop box for the keys outside of work hours. Blyth: Petrol station is open until 9pm after that you can post the keys through the letterbox.
bottom of page